23 Uplifting Photos That Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity
Our species isn’t so bad after all.
1. This picture of Chicago Christians who showed up at a gay pride parade to apologize for homophobia in the Church.
2. And the reaction from the parade.
3. This story about Japanese senior citizens who volunteered to tackle the nuclear crisis at Fukushima power station so that young people wouldn’t have to subject themselves to radiation.
4. This picture of two Norwegian guys rescuing a sheep from the ocean.
5. This note that was handed to a waiter along with a $20 bill by an elderly lady in his restaurant.
6. This sign at an awesome bookshop.
7. The moment in which this Ohio athlete stopped to help an injured competitor across the finish line during a track meet.
17-year-old Meghan Vogel was in last place in the 3,200-meter run when she caught up to competitor Arden McMath, whose body was giving out. Instead of running past her to avoid the last-place finish, Vogel put McMath’s arm around her shoulders, carried her 30 meters, and then pushed her over the finish line before crossing it.
8. This photo of an Afghan man offering tea to soldiers
9. This exchange between a 3-year-old girl and a shopping center.
10. This sign at an awesome Subway restaurant.
11. This picture of a villager carrying stranded kittens to dry land during floods in Cuttack City, India.
12. This sign at an awesome drycleaner’s.
Plaza Cleaners in Portland, OR, helped over 2,000 unemployed workers who couldn’t afford dry cleaning. The store’s owner estimated that it cost his company $32,000 dollars.
13. This photograph of a man giving his shoes to a homeless girl in Rio de Janeiro.
14. This picture of a firefighter administering oxygen to a cat rescued from a house fire.
15. And this one.
16. This interaction between a Guatemalan girl and a tourist she just met.
17. This gesture from a neighbor.
18. These photos of two children collaborating to rescue a dog who had fallen into a ravine.
19. This note on a young family’s check.
20. These pictures of a man jumping into rough waters to rescue a stranger’s Shih Tzu in Melbourne.
Sue Drummond was walking her beloved Shih Tzu, Bibi, on a pier in Melbourne, when a fierce gust of wind picked him up and hurled him into the rough waters of the bay. A passerby, Raden Soemawinata, who happened to be on the pier that day to scatter his grandmother’s ashes, wasted no time in stripping down and diving into the bay to rescue the animal.
21. And this photograph of two best friends on a swing.
22. This photo of a firefighter giving a koala bear a drink in the Australian bushfires.
23. This exchange between a protester and a soldier during a protest in Brazil.
If you felt better about the world after reading this, share this story with your friends by clicking the buttons below!