The 20 Best Pieces Of Advice That Everyone In Their 20s Should Follow
Being a 20-something can be pretty challenging, confusing and downright scary at times. There can be a tremendous amount of pressure to figure everything out. You search for answers to important questions like “What do I want?” and “What do I want to do with my life?” Yet it’s also the time of your life when you are supposed to be “having the time of your life”, as you enter university, graduate, get your first job and maybe even start a family.
Let’s take a look at the 20 pieces of sound advice given by Daily Zen List that are crucial to succeeding in your 20s.
- Find three hobbies you love: one to make you money, one to keep you in shape, and one to be creative.
- Getting a degree matters, but getting the right degree matters even more.
- Leave every job you have on good terms. Do not burn your bridges.
- See the world while you still don’t have a ton of responsibilities.
- Don’t live on the Internet. Go out and experience real life.
- Don’t give up what you want most for what you want now.
- Read. A lot.
- Dress to impress.
- Never pinch pennies on brakes or tires.
- Never stop learning.
- Marry someone you consider your best friend.
- All adventures in life start by just showing up.
- Drama is never worth putting up with.
- Value experiences over possessions.
- Drive slow in bad weather.
- Money comes and goes. Time just goes.
- Don’t judge yourself on your intentions but your actions.
- Always make new mistakes.
- Don’t rely on other people to make you happy.
- Bite less; chew more.
If you feel inspired after reading this, share these advice with others below.